Trading Sorrow

September 22, 2014


Trading My Sorrows by Darrell Evans 

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

And we say yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord
Yes Lord yes Lord yes yes Lord Amen

I'm pressed but not crushed persecuted not abandoned
Struck down but not destroyed
I'm blessed beyond the curse for his promise will endure
And his joy's gonna be my strength

Though the sorrow may last for the night
His joy comes with the morning.

We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed... 
2 Corinthians 4:8-9

Do not sorrow, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.  Nehemiah 8:10b

For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.  Psalm 30:5

Digital scrapbooking kit: Desperate Green by Marta van Eck Designs