Trust Your Father

July 12, 2015


"Satan was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies."  John 8:44

Recently, there was a video on Facebook where a man conducted a social experiment.  With the permission of parents at a playground, he attempted to lure children away from the park.  He had a puppy with him and asked each one if they wanted to come with him to see more puppies.  Each parent confidently predicted that their child would not go with him and each parent was clearly shocked as they were proven wrong. Not one child passed the test.

I have an even more shocking thought for you to consider:  We adults are just like those children!  We believe the "god" of this world when he offers us enticing things and experiences.  He tells us that we need them, we have them coming and that they are so valuable that we can't be happy without them.  He's a liar!  Our Father knows what we need and what is good for us. Matthew 6:32 He will always give us what's best, but we put our trust in the enemy instead.  And Satan does NOT love us.  He does not have our best interests at heart any more than someone who steals a child from a playground.  His promises lead to destruction, not life.  John 10:10

It's up to you to decide whether the little girl in this picture is trusting her father or if this is a stranger who has lured her with false promises of candy, toys or a puppy.  (I prefer to think and hope that is her Daddy.)  God knows we want those things. In addition to the "yes" we all want, He has three possible answers when we ask: No, it's not good for you; yes, but you have to wait and it could seem like a long time to you but you have to be patient; or no, because I have something so much better in mind for you and you'll be utterly amazed at how I could love you that much and be that good to you--trust Me. Unlike us, He knows everything from beginning to end, and beyond the end of this life on earth as we know it.  He's a good Father, not Santa (or Satan, if you scramble the letters just a bit).  As parents, we should be modeling God's example--seeking only blessings from God, and giving our children what is good in due time--withholding whatever is harmful (according to God's definition, not ours).

"For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  Matthew 6:32-33

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"  Matthew 7:11

Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. The hired hand is not the shepherd and does not own the sheep. So when he sees the wolf coming, he abandons the sheep and runs away. Then the wolf attacks the flock and scatters it. The man runs away because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.  John 10:7-15

kit: Oh Snap collab by Scrap Orchard Designers; template by Anita Designs