Here Am I Send Me

January 30, 2017


And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” Isaiah 6:8

paper by Holliewood Studio, page overlay by BekahE Designs, leaves and flowers by Marta van Eck

Heavenly Father, We confess that we have not always thought first of what you would like us to do when we have made our plans.  It's easy for us to get caught up in our day-to-day lives, forgetting what we're really here for.  Please help us to remember to slow down and consult you in prayer and in your word before proceeding with our good intentions.  We recognize that only you know it all from beginning to end and what is best in the long run.  We want what you want--for all to come to the knowledge of the truth and be saved.  Please firmly establish your priorities in our hearts and help us to serve and obey you as you deserve, with our whole hearts, minds, souls and strength--that is how you said that we would show that we truly love you.  We want to be faithful, reliable, steadfast, trustworthy and true servants with whom you can be pleased, from whom you have received honor and glory by our actions during our lives.  We want to finish well, not having grown lukewarm or turned aside from our commitment to follow Jesus.  Please help us to recognize your still, small voice and fully take advantage of every opportunity to share your love and miraculous message of salvation with the lost.  Please let the words that we say and the actions we take to be useful for the good of your kingdom and free of any selfishness on our part.  In Jesus' most worthy, precious, saving name, Amen.

And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?”  Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’  The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:28-31

Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”  Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?”  Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.  Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father’s who sent me. John 14:21-24 

If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. John 12:26

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.  As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and abide in his love. John 15:8-10

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it.  What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?  For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. Matthew 16:24-27  

Now after a long time the master of those servants came and settled accounts with them.  And he who had received the five talents came forward, bringing five talents more, saying, ‘Master, you delivered to me five talents; here I have made five talents more.’  His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ Matthew 25:19-21 

And he said, “Go out and stand on the mount before the LORD.” And behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind tore the mountains and broke in pieces the rocks before the LORD, but the LORD was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the LORD was not in the earthquake.  And after the earthquake a fire, but the LORD was not in the fire. And after the fire the sound of a low whisper.  And when Elijah heard it, he wrapped his face in his cloak and went out and stood at the entrance of the cave. And behold, there came a voice to him and said, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” 1 Kings 19:11-13