Desolate

July 27, 2019


Thus says the Lord GOD: While the whole earth rejoices, I will make you [Edom] desolate. As you rejoiced over the inheritance of the house of Israel, because it was desolate, so I will deal with you; you shall be desolate, Mount Seir, and all Edom, all of it. Then they will know that I am the LORD. Ezekiel 35:14-15

paper by Holliewood Studios

You might enjoy reading my devotional, "Beautiful." You can view and/or download it in magazine style pdf (48 mb) here, or text w/highlighting format pdf (.5 mb) here. All of my other devotionals are also freely available in pdf format if you click on the link at the top of the right column.
related:

And Esau said to Jacob, “Let me eat some of that red stew, for I am exhausted!” (Therefore his name was called Edom.) Genesis 25:30

And Jacob sent messengers before him to Esau his brother in the land of Seir, the country of Edom, Genesis 32:3

These are the generations of Esau (that is, Edom). Genesis 36:1

So Esau settled in the hill country of Seir. (Esau is Edom.) Genesis 36:8

Will I not on that day, declares the LORD, destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of Mount Esau? Obadiah 1:8

Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished. Proverbs 17:5

Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Matthew 5:7

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Matthew 5:9