Pleasing Meditation

June 03, 2020


May my meditation be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the LORD. Psalm 104:34 

I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. Psalms 119:15

wordstrips say: "read the Bible very often" "ponder what it says" "put it into daily practice"

(text circle repeats both verses)

kit: Stories to Tell by Janece Suarez Designs; template: May 2019 Mashup by Jen Maddocks and Heartstrings Scrapart

Please understand that when the Bible speaks of meditation, it's not about emptying our minds but instead, it's about filling them with Scripture - not about merely memorizing verses, but thinking about what they mean and understanding them, truly storing them in our hearts so that what comes out of our heart is of the Spirit instead of our old flesh that was devoid of God's truth.

context: 

May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works, who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke! I will sing to the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the LORD. Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more! Bless the LORD, O my soul! Praise the LORD! Psalms 104:31-35

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. ​With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes! With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word. Psalms 119:9-16